Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Firefox or Netscape?

• Please log in to reply

drew2815

drew2815

• PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
Ok, I was kinda getting tired of Firefox, so I downloaded Netscape. I like them both and I dont know which one to keep. Which one should do you think is faster and safer?

Advertisements

bennydog

bennydog

• PipPip
  • 77 posts
I'v never used Netscape before but i would recomend Firefox
Mainly of the opening new tab in the same window feature
:tazz:

jaimejd007

jaimejd007

• PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
I have used both Netscape and FireFox. I didn't really have a good experience with Netscape. I recommend everyone FF, that's what I use. But isn't FF Netscape-based?

-jaimejd007

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts

But isn't FF Netscape-based?
-jaimejd007

View Post

Believe they are all based on the same Gecko engine. Netscape has a beta version out called Netscape Browser 8.0 Beta you can also try, but, as far as I'm concerned, Firefox rules. A lot of good extensions/plugsins available like Web Tools, Color Picker, Sage, Foxy Tunes, etc.. You can edit the CSS and other files to customize FF to your liking. Lots more...

Ron

drew2815

drew2815

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
Ok, so do you know why Dogpile doesnt work in IE, Firefox, or Netscape??? I have done everything to try to figure this stupid error out. Whenever I type in www.dogpile.com I get an error. It says "The Connection was refused when attempting to connect to www.dogpile.com." I have done tones of things to try to figure our how to get rid of this error. I need help! Do you know what I can do?

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
You have other problems causing you not to connect to dogpile.com. I just checked with Firefox and it loaded right up using broadband and Win ME. Since it is common to all of your browsers, I would imagine you have an app that has security protocols preventing you from going to this site.

Possibly your ISP has been banned from accessing this site.

Ron

drew2815

drew2815

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
Well how do I figure out which app that has security protocals that are preventing me from going to that site? I dont think it is my ISP.

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Try looking first to see what processes are running at startup by going to Start>Run and typing in msconfig and click ok. When the window comes up, click the Startup tab and post those that are running. Or just uncheck them, reboot and see if you have access to dogpile.com. I'm only giving this because I figured you already looked in the Restricted Zones for each browser.

I don't use Win XP, so I don't know specific steps to tell you where to check or how to turn off your firewall, Norton if you're using it, etc. Maybe someone who does use Win XP and is following this thread will jump in here with some ideas.

Ron

drew2815

drew2815

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
No, I havent looked in the Restricted sites for Firefox. How do I? The programs that are starting on startup under msconfig are dlbabmgr(Dell printer), ccApp(Symantec Shared), WinPatrol, type32(wireless keyboard), point32(wireless mouse), Nwiz(something to do with NVIDIA), NvCpl (?).

ssone

ssone

• PipPipPip
  • 301 posts
sorry, getting in the way of ur convo with Major Payne..

Which is better?

IE of course! :tazz:

Advertisements

Devilz

Devilz

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
IE sucks, everyone in the world should use FireFox.

ssone

ssone

• PipPipPip
  • 301 posts
:tazz:

drew2815

drew2815

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
Hey guys, check out my website

Dirt Racing World

ssone

ssone

• PipPipPip
  • 301 posts
nice :tazz:

drew2815

drew2815

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
thanks, but i need more members. I have posted links to my site on other racing messege boards, where else could i put links?