Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Dell Latitude D600 problems

• Please log in to reply

OUTLAW666

OUTLAW666

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello everyone,
well this is the case, i have a Dell D600 Latitude laptop, that was acting weird.
All of a sudden, it started with the blue screen unmountable disk error... great
I tried to find a XP disk to solve this, but in a couple of days the computer started to display a white screen , asking me the primary or administrator password ( the BIOS password )
Ok i inputed that, and it all ok, but every time i reboot the computer, it asks me the same password. Its not only annoying, its a bit frustrating ... what can i do to make it stop ?

Advertisements

Rediah

Rediah

• PipPipPip
  • 259 posts
Hello OUTLAW666: :D

The problem could be due to aging; as Dell Latitude D600 is quite old, you may perform express or extended test of your system using inbuilt utility. Please boot your system - while Dell logo is being displayed press F12 on keyboard, this must be done before Windows logo appear then follow the onscreen instructions

Did you setup BIOS password?

Edited: To add punctuation

Edited by Rediah, 10 April 2011 - 03:11 AM.