Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

CAN'T DOWNLOAD LINUX!

• Please log in to reply

Peptobismol165

Peptobismol165

• PipPipPip
  • 147 posts
Hello everybody!
I've been dying to try the newest version of Ubuntu! I got on the website to download it. I select "Ubuntu 10.10" then "64-bit." I sit for an hour downloading and the download usually stops half-way. I go to burn it on a CD and it always fails!!! I tried 3 burners. The one that comes with Windows 7, Nero, and PowerDVD burner 8. They all say something along the lines of "Selected file is not Valid" or stuff like that.
I also tried the Windows installer. Everything works right, but at the last 98% it says that there was an error.

Can someone please help me! I want to join the awesomeness of Ubuntu!

Thanks!

Advertisements

devper94

devper94

• PipPipPip
  • 817 posts
You should redownload the ISO file. It's recommended that you use the official torrent download here since it's much faster, and you can share your bandwidth with other users and reduce the load on the Ubuntu servers.

Also, 11.04 is coming out soon, if you are not afraid to wait.

Edited by devper94, 10 April 2011 - 12:46 AM.

Peptobismol165

Peptobismol165

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts
I was able to download it. I decided to try downloading it via FireFox instead of Google Chrome and it worked. I'm lovig it. Thanks!