Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

CONTROL PANEL ERRORS

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

sallyann

sallyann

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I have a computer at home that is a mess. It will not allow me to access the internet. The internet will pop up but the screen is blank. I try to log onto facebook and it starts to come up but the screen is blank. I can not run a system restore the screen is blank. I tried doing a system restore by going to start,run put in REG ADD HKCU\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\system disable task mgr/t REG_DWORD/d O/f ok. I tried HKEY steps. My computer will not allow me to do anything. I went to the control panel,administrative tools COMPONENT SERVICES, CONSOLE ROOT, EVENT VIEWER,THERE ARE SEVERAL WARNING AND ERROR'S LISTED ON IT. WHAT DO THESE MEAN?
APPLICATION TAB
ERROR - APPLICATION HANG ERROR - APPLICATION ON DEMAND WARNING - EVENT SYSTEM ERROR - BONJOUR SERVICE WARNING - USERENV WARNING - GOOGLE UPDATE ERROR - MSINSTALLER WARNING - MSINSTALLER
SECURITY TAB SOURCE USER
THERE ARE LOCKS THAT SAY FAILURE AUDITS LOGON/LOGOFF SYSTEM
ACCOUNT LOGON SYSTEM
POLICY CHANGE NETWORK SERVICE
SYSTEM TAB
ERROR - SERVICE CONTROL MGR WARNING - REMOTE ACCESS ERROR - DHCP WARNING - I8042PRT ERROR - DCOM WARNING - FASTFAT
WARNING - DISK WARNING - TCPIP WARNING - USER 32

Edited by sallyann, 10 April 2011 - 02:37 AM.

Advertisements

devper94

devper94

• PipPipPip
  • 817 posts
you have two windows threads and one malware thread open. doing that wont make things faster. stick to your malware thread until it is done please.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Actually 3 threads now all started within a hour of each other.
I'm closing the two techs ones till you have finished with malware techs.
Once done with them then pm me and I will reopen one of the tech topics.