Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Missing .dll for Glary Utilities

• Please log in to reply

SleepyGal

SleepyGal

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I love the Process Manager in Glary Utilties, but for some reason, I can no longer access it. I get the following error: "This application has failed to start because MFC42u.dll was not found. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem." Reinstalling did NOT fix the problem, and the only discussion on Glary Utilities forum has them denying the problem exists. I ran Hijack this, and the report is attached. I appreciate your help.

Denise

Attached Files

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
this dll is a visual c++ runtime.

Taken from http://support.microsoft.com/kb/967060
1) uninstall Microsoft Visual C++
2)Download and then install the latest Visual C++ runtime. To do this, follow these steps:

1. Visit the following Microsoft Web site:
http://www.microsoft...ads/Search.aspx (http://www.microsoft...ads/Search.aspx)
2. In the search box next to All Downloads, type Microsoft Visual C++ package, and then click Go.
3. In the search results, click the Visual C++ Redistributable Package for your operating system.
Note The x86 version of the package is for 32-bit version of Windows. The X64 version of the package is for 64-bit version of Windows.
4. On the page that opens, click Download, and then save the file to your Desktop.
5. When the download is complete, double-click the executable file.
6. Follow the directions that are displayed. When you are prompted, restart the computer.

SleepyGal

SleepyGal

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Thank you, I will give it a try.

Denise

SleepyGal

SleepyGal

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I appreciate your help, but this did not work. I still get the same error, even after rebooting my computer. Thank you, though.

Denise

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
ok, lets try re registering the dll file.

open command prompt (start, programs, accessories, command prompt)

type regsrv32 /u MFC42u.dll
hit enter to run command.

next locate MFC42u.dll on your drive. Should be in c:\windows\system32.
use the path where located in the next command.

In command prompt, type: regsrv32 c:\windows\system32\MFC42u.dll
hit enter to execute command.

Let me know the results.

SleepyGal

SleepyGal

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I have done several of the regsrv things before as suggested from my web search. Usually it says it is successful. This time, when I tried your suggestion, it said regsrv32 is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file. So I couldn't go past step 1. Leave it to me to be difficult, lol. I very much appreciate your help.

Denise

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
command is regsvr32. Typo on my part.

SleepyGal

SleepyGal

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Re-tried this. The processes were successful, but it did not fix the problem. Thank you though!

Denise