Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Urgent help required: graphics problem

• Please log in to reply

skyhawk684

skyhawk684

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello,

I am new to these forums, and I am desperate for a solution to my problem. Its to do with a site called ROBLOX, where young people can build/play games. Recently though, I have been having some problems.

I'll give you my specs first;

OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
Version 6.1.7600 Build 7600
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name CAOIMHIN
System Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard
System Model HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook PC
System Type x64-based PC
Processor AMD Athlon™ II Dual-Core M320, 2100 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date Hewlett-Packard F.15, 17/05/2010
SMBIOS Version 2.6
Windows Directory C:\Windows
System Directory C:\Windows\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale Ireland
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.1.7600.16385"
User Name Caoimhin\CaoimhinPC
Time Zone GMT Daylight Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 3.00 GB
Total Physical Memory 2.75 GB
Available Physical Memory 1.30 GB
Total Virtual Memory 5.49 GB
Available Virtual Memory 3.69 GB
Page File Space 2.75 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys

Right. So I'm on an "aero" theme on my Windows 7 computer. I open up ROBLOX. I play any game. For around 10 seconds, it runs smoothly. But suddenly, my computer display either turns 1) all black. 2) a colour with white lines through it. I end up having to shut down my computer by the button, which is not good for it. I start it up again, and windows asks me if I should run it in safe mode or in normal mode. (This problem happens with ROBLOX studio aswell).

Now, I have tested around, and I have noticed if I switch to the Windows Classic theme, I can play a game for as long as I want. But If I start playing another game, it crashes again. ROBLOX studio crashes after 10 seconds like in the aero theme.

This problem also occurs if I play Minecraft/Blockland. The reason I play these games is because I am 13 years old. I am guessing it is something to do with java? ROBLOX have been useless in helping with my problems.

Kevin Barrett

Advertisements

T3ach

T3ach

• Pip
  • 2 posts
You can try to delete it from add or remove programs. I have Roblox but when I try to delete it, I only get an error message.