Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Laptop not communicating with USB and not connecting to wireless route

• Please log in to reply

Nas

Nas

• PipPip
  • 55 posts
Hi

Today i turned on my laptop to find that it wouldnt connect to my wireless router and showed up as local only. Now this was a regular thing that i eventually was able to fix, but today ive tried everything and it just doesnt want to work. I then tried to connect my phone via usb to use as a modem. The computer will detect the phone and charge it, but it does not communicate with it and the phone does not show options of how to connect to my laptop, like it usually does. Tried my external hardrive also, did not connect. So i had a look at my device manager and it shows that my IDE controller isnt working (yellow exclemation mark). It says the driver couldnt be loaded as it may be corrupted or missing.

Does this link with the recent problems my laptop is having? What can i do to fix this?

Thanks

Edited by Nas, 11 April 2011 - 09:04 AM.

Advertisements

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
What is the make and full model of the laptop please

PcTestCard

PcTestCard

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
I would suggest reset the laptop first.

Unplug the power cord and remove the battery.
Holding down the power button over 20 seconds do not let go.
This will discharge and reset the laptop.

Connect the power cord only and power on the laptop.

Hope this helps!
Bill
Tech Manager
www.PcTestCard.com