Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows 7

• Please log in to reply

fameliciouz

fameliciouz

• Pip
  • 1 posts
hello everyone,.i dont know anything about fixing computer problem. my problem is this,.when i start my laptop its coming up the acer screen icon and say press F2 then this Phoenix TrustedCore™ Setup Utility and alot of options. If i dont press F2 when starting up it goes to a black screen and suddenly appear this text.

Broadcom UNDI PXE-2.1 v9.4.5
Copyright © 2000-2006 Broadcom Corporation
Copyright © 1997-2000 Intel Corporation
All rights reserved.
PXE-E61: Media test failure, check cable
PXE-MOF: Exiting Broadcom PXE ROM
Operating System not found

I have no idea what to do about this,.
please i need your help,.
Thank you so much,.. :D

Advertisements

Nick2.0

Nick2.0

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Have you downloaded any freeware from the internet recently? That could have caused a startup error. P.S., if you hit F2, will the computer load Windows 7 if you go through all the options?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Check your bios for boot sequence. See if the first boot device is set to network boot. If so change your boot sequence to
  • Cdrom
  • Hd

Click F10 to Save and Exit
Then click Y to verify.
Does the system now boot up correctly?