Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

After PC cleaning results

• Please log in to reply

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
I have also looked for the topic you started in the Malware forum and I do not find it.

We do not look at OTL logs in any other forum.

And based on

MS auto updates are now repeatedly trying to upload and install the same updates that are already installed. The icon is once again on the taskbar - what next!! I thought Comodo finding the deepseated bugs would improve matters

, I will also say that you have malware/virus.

That needs to be straightened out before we can continue here.

I suggest you go to the Malware Removal and Spyware Removal Forum and run all the steps located in the START HERE. These self-help tools will help you clean up 70% of problems on your own. If you are still having problems after doing the steps, then please post the reguested logs in THAT forum. If you are unable to run any of the tools then start a new topic in the malware forum and put this in the subject line...I am unable to run any malware tools

If you are still having problems after being given a clean bill of health from the malware expert, then please return to THIS thread and we will pursue other options to help you solve your current problem(s).

Add a link to this topic so that malware tech can see what steps have been taken here

EDIT: and I only find 1 profile for you for Wynn_M unless you created a new profile with a different user name.

Edited by 123Runner, 16 April 2011 - 09:53 AM.

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
The OTL needs to go in your malware topic.
The issue seems to be related to something hidden as far as a infection. Only the malware guys can help with that. If you logged in under a different name then that is most likely where the malware topic is located.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Just received this via pm:

Hi R Shaffer61
I've just learned this bad news via remote assistance. Things were going from bad to worse on this PC. It seems the only way out is to reinstall Windows again so, reluctantly, I will do it on Tuesday morning 19th. Hopefully it will turn out well.

There are 7 affected files in Sys Restore causing chaos and nothing will shift them.

Wynn_M

Thank you for letting me know and i would suggest both just a simple format and install. Delete the partition and then re setup the partition, format using ntfs and then do the install. Thi should get rid of any remnants of a infection then. It's the ultimate step but the safest way to make sure.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Are you still having problems with your issue?
It has been 27 days since your last response and I was wondering if the issue has been resolved?
If so can you explain how it was resolved so others may be able to fix it if they have the same issue.
If not please let us know and we can continue with helping you to resolve the issue.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Are you still having problems with your issue?
It has been 34 days since your last response and I was wondering if the issue has been resolved?
If so can you explain how it was resolved so others may be able to fix it if they have the same issue.
If not please let us know and we can continue with helping you to resolve the issue.