Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Mail Merge

• Please log in to reply

Dominator666

Dominator666

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have a template that I would like to base a mail merge on. The query I have linked with the mail merge document has several records with the same information aside from a few fields. I would like to combine all of the duplicate records adn combine the few fields that do not have exact information. I am trying to create a report that gives information of customers. Each row on the query is a contact point (phone call) with the customer. Instead of having a seperate report for each call I want to have a seperate report that combines all of the differant phone calls while also displaying the customers information.

A document would have one section having the name, address, contact numbers, and such for the cusotmer. The section after that would have call #1, call #2, call #3 etc.. Each call information would be a combination of the differant date fields, call summary, and employee name fields of the query. Each call would also need to be on a new line. Is this possible in Word using VBA?

I successfully did this in Excel but inporting teh queries information and then have it copy the data into a prelaid out worksheet. The code then searched of rows that had the same tracking number and when to the date, summary, and employee name columns and combined it for each tracking number that matched.

Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Advertisements