Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

won't boot up

• Please log in to reply

meyo

meyo

• Pip
  • 1 posts
My computer went completely black and I ended getting a monitor going to sleep message. I thought maybe since I was reading some info. it just went to sleep mode, but after moving my mouse and hitting every button to bring it back from sleep mode it did not. I then tried to reboot the computer and it does not show anything its completely black. I took a look at the monitor by hooking it up to my lap top and it works, I then took a look at the fans in the back of the computer and they are running. I turned the computer off for about 10 to 15 minutes and tried to boot up again and still no luck. I really don't know what it could be. My computer is a hp and is running windows vista its also about 2 to 3 years. I hope someone could give me some advice on what to do. Hope that I provided enough information.

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts

My computer is a hp and is running windows vista its also about 2 to 3 years.

What make and model?
Onboard video or a video add on card?
Any beep codes when you turn the system on?