Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

my computer dont recognized usb modem

• Please log in to reply

boaz shenkar

boaz shenkar

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I WANTED TO USE AN SLOLARS INTERNET BY ORANGE MODEM USB
THE MODEM DIDNT RECOGNIZED AND I GET THE NOTICE THAT I DONT HAVE THIS DRIVER OR FILE WHAT IT IS zte wcdma technologies msn
IF SOME BOUDY CAN HELP ME IT WILL BE VERY NICE /
FROM WERE I CAN DOWNLOAD THIS FILE
THANKS BOAZ [email protected]

Advertisements

ZaRMan

ZaRMan

• PipPipPip
  • 164 posts
Firstly, there is no need to type the whole message in Caps Lock, it seems like you are shouting. Secondly it is a bad idea to publish your personal e-mail address on a forum thread like this, please edit it out. To start on your problem, if you can name the modem model and manufacturer, we can go from there Posted Image

boaz shenkar

boaz shenkar

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
thanks my modem belong to orange at las palmas Spain model ce0984

ZaRMan

ZaRMan

• PipPipPip
  • 164 posts
I'm sorry I'm having difficulty understanding your post. Is orange your carrier? If you could please format your next post like this:

Carrier: ...
Modem Manufacturer: ...
Make and Model: ...

boaz shenkar

boaz shenkar

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
the details that i have about the modem
Orange
HSUPA USB MODEM MF 637
CE0984
ZTE CORPORATION
MADE IN CHINA
thanks again BOAZ

ZaRMan

ZaRMan

• PipPipPip
  • 164 posts
Was there a CD or any type of modem configuration software that came with it? On another site, one user stated that he changed the modem configuration using the CD that came with the modem to toggle the CD ROM mode OFF. This seemed to make it switch to modem mode automatically. I have absolutely no experience with this device or company, so I cannot guarantee that this will work, but it's worth a shot Posted Image Here is his original post:

I heard several users say they managed will with Modeswitch following the instruction from Draisberghof (Draisberghof - Software - USB_ModeSwitch). However even with the latest version of modeswitch 1.0.5 the mode of my ZTE MF637 / Webnwalk Stick Fusion did not want to switch. Instead I got funny outputs such as "Driver detached", "Driver could not be found".
The solution I found is fairly idiot prove:
Under Windoz I used the software that comes with the modem and installed it. It offers configuration options which can be changed by simple clicking. Once I deactivated the CD ROM option the ZTE MF637 does no longer start as a storage device but immediately jumps into the modem mode once plugged in. This can be checked by using lsusb. If the PIN option is also deactivated you can start UMTSMON or Kinternet and connect straight away (after you filled in your connection details of cause). No more modes switching is necessary. The drivers for the modem come with the distrubutions.
I use Suse 11.1 and UMTSMON 0.9.72
Regards

(http://forums.opensu...-zte-mf637.html)

Edited by ZaRMan, 14 April 2011 - 03:49 AM.