Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Adapter state not found in registry

• Please log in to reply

mnevarez

mnevarez

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Specs: Sony Vaio VGN-FS742 (Laptop)
Network Adapters: Intel PRO/100 VE Network Connection (v8.0.47.0)
Intel PRO/Wireless 2200BG Network Connection (v9.0.4.39)
Operating System: Windows 7 SP1 Build 7601

Problem(s): When I go into Device Manager right click and select Properties I'm receiving "Adapter state not found in registry" click ok and it brings up pop-up box which displays 5 tabs (General, Advanced, Driver, Details & Resources). This issue is causing all kinds of other issues. When I run "Windows Network Diagnostics" it says that there is a "problem with wireless adapter or access point". This problem started almost a week ago. I've even uninstalled/reinstalled network adapter(s). But still have the same problem. Where it use to display available networks in Verizon Manager it doesn't anymore. Only displays my broadband. I also now have to connect manually to network. this use to be automatic. This use to work a few days ago. I've search the internet but couldn't find out to resolve this. I also attached a HiJackThis log. Just in case.

Any help would be appreciated.

Advertisements