Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Temps and HSF's

• Please log in to reply

durdur

durdur

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello all.

This is my first AMD build and from my understanding, Intel processors can handle a bit more heat in general. Therefore, I'm not really sure what would be a "good" temp for my set up.

I'm using the Zalman CNPS5X SZ on a X4 955 (with Arctic Silver 5 and running at stock) and my idle is around 35-38 depending on ambient and load is at 54ish. Seems decent, but I'm thinking I should have lower temps with this cooler. I did find my motherboard had the voltage set to 1.4 when it's rated as 1.35. Before changing that, I was seeing slightly higher temps. Also, I used the pea method and lowered the heat sink onto the processor to spread.

Is this a good temp or should I think about reapplying (maybe a different method?) and reseating?

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
It's fine. Processors are fine at any temperature providing they don't idle over 70 degrees for extended periods.