Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Wireless Disconnects Randomly

• Please log in to reply

mrb325

mrb325

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have a Dell Latitude D630, and it randomly disconnects from the internet. And it does this to every single router I'm connected to to. Usually when this happens, I go to the network connections and click "repair", and it'll reconnect me....only to disconnect me some 20 or so minutes later. And what's terrible about using the "repair" option is that sometimes it DOESN'T work, and will freeze my computer so badly that I have to restart it.

What's interesting to note, however, is that on the occasion, after I restart it (and this is very rare) it WON'T disconnect at all. VERY Rarely, it will stay connected to the internet until the next time I shut my computer down, in which it will resume it's random connect/disconnect phase.

The strangest thing about this problem, though, is that I find that the state of my computer directly effects other applications that don't even require internet connection. For example, during those incredibly rare times when it doesn't disconnect at all, games like The Sims or Portal will play smoothly on my laptop, without forcing it to shut down or crashing or causing blue screens of death. HOWEVER, When my laptop IS having issues connecting, playing those games wreak utter havoc on my computer, and I can't play them at all.

Advertisements