Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Member/Forum Features

• Please log in to reply

SpySentinel

SpySentinel

R.I.P.

• Retired Staff
  • 5,152 posts
Again, I want to welcome you to Geeks to Go :D

This is a tutorial that will guide you through the member features of the forum and how to use them.

To view your member profile, just click on your username at the top left hand corner of the website, and you will be taken to your member profile.

Posted Image

On the left side, it shows your last login, your member group, as well as the number of posts you have. The change comes into play when you look at the middle of the member profiles. You can see the normal options like view posts, edit your profile etc, but a new feature that was added is the Recent Status Updates which is like Twitter; you can post about various things.

Posted Image

To post a new status, all you do is type in the "What's on your mind?" box and click on Update.
The friends list and Comment box has also been stream lined in the middle.

When you get a new PM you will see something similar to this in the top right corner next to were it says "Messenger":

Posted Image

This is where you will also be notified about various events, such as if you receive a new friend request. When you do get a PM, you will see a box appear that will show a brief outline of the PM and will allow you to view it the full PM.

Posted Image

Simply click on the PM or notification you want to read. PMs are handled like conversations, so PM exchanges pertaining to a single topic, will be contained in 1 PM, and not spread out over multiple PMs.

To change profile settings, which is located on the top bar under the site logo, click on "My Settings":

Posted Image

Under "Your Options", click on the "Profile" tab to change your profile settings.

Posted Image

When you are posting threads and posts, these are the buttons you will be using:

Posted Image

Posting a 'Fast Reply' is much easier now and is located at the bottom of each topic.
If you still want to add a 'Full Reply' you can click on the Add Reply button.

Posted Image

At the bottom of each post, you will notice a group of small icons. These let you share topics via different sources such as Digg, Facebook, Twitter, and more. You can share your favorite tutorials, guides, or posts with your family and friends.

Posted Image

I hope this guide helped you with learning the features that are available and that you will enjoy the forums more. :D

If you still have questions, you can view the Forum Help files, or PM an Administrator or Moderator.

Advertisements

SpySentinel

SpySentinel

R.I.P.

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 5,152 posts
Bump to bring to order.