Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Errors/bad sectors on hard drive

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

• Pip
  • 7 posts
I placed this topic in another section of the forum earlier, but think that it may be more appropriate here.

My Dell Inspiron N5010 laptop runs Windows 7, and I use McAfee total protection. Although McAfee was telling me that my system is secure and no action is required, I was unable to to updates of McAfee software. After contacting McAfee support and after they took control of my laptop they informed me that errors/bad sectors were on my H/Drive, and I should contact the manufacturer. I subsequently ran a dell scan and when checking Configuration Diagnostic Operating System, it reported that the Opimize the virtual memory file check had failed. This was the only failure. How do I repair this problem?

Any help will be much appreciated

• 34,114 posts
Replied in other topic. Closing this one for duplication.