Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Restoring Original Operating System

• Please log in to reply

fraggle47

fraggle47

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Recently I dropped my laptop, Dell Studio 1535, which resulted in what I believe to be a damaged hard drive. I got a message no bootable device found. I did F12, I think it was, and it found no errors though. I since have bought a new hard drive and installed it, and still get the same message, but also something about a sector not found.

I was told I need to put the operating system back on before they transfer the data to the new hard drive. I can't seem to find the original discs that came with the computer when I bought it to be able to put Vista back on. Is there another way to get them on my computer or can I buy new discs?

Thank you!

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Dell contact information
Contact them and ask about purchasing a set of original recovery disks for your model.
They should cost 50 USD or less depending on where you live. :D
Let me know if they could help you.