Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HP Restore no recovery disks

• Please log in to reply

Nick2.0

Nick2.0

• Pip
  • 5 posts

You have to use the correct combination of keys. And that is dependent on the computer manufacturer and whether there is even a recovery partition.
The following are only a few.

Recovery Partitions

Dell
press and hold ctrl + F11 for recovery

HP
Press the power button to start the HP. Press and hold the F11 key to launch the HP Recovery Manager from the recovery partition.

Gateway
you're supposed to hold down the ALT key and repeatedly tap f10.
When you hit F11, the system boots to another partition on the hard drive.

I tried this on my HP desktop dual booting with Ubuntu 9.10, and nothing happened :D

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
This is the HP instructions Nick2.0.

Press the power button to start the HP. Press and hold the F11 key to launch the HP Recovery Manager from the recovery partition.

If it doesn't work you may not have a Recovery Partition
BTW it would be better for you to start your own topic
Although your issue may seem similar there can be other factors that may need to be resolved.
By bumping on someone's topic it makes it confusing for the tech to understand who they are helping. This can in turn cause the wrong support to be given and can cause instability or worse to happen to your system.
Please post more information as to your exact issue in your topic. Include any error messages you get as well as your system specs. This will help us to assist you more efficiently.
Thank you for your cooperation.

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,526 posts
Too many have posted in this topic stating "it doesn't work". I have no clue who still needs help.
That is why we require a separate topic instead of bumping some one else's.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
I have split this off to a separate topic for Nick2.0 so we know who we are helping 123Runner :D

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,526 posts

if no...then get puppy linux...its a live cd...that means it will load and ru

FYI: This does nothing to help resolve what the OP is looking for.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Are you still having problems with your issue?
It has been 19 days since your last response and I was wondering if the issue has been resolved?
If so can you explain how it was resolved so others may be able to fix it if they have the same issue.
If not please let us know and we can continue with helping you to resolve the issue.