Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

administration tools

• Please log in to reply

cigos

cigos

• PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
Hello fellow Geeks,
I posted this topic yesterday but I cannot find it anywhere. I have lost the administrative tools from the desktop,
startup and from the file location. I have tried System Restore but to no avail.
I am running a Windows 7 upgraded from Vista.

Can anyone assist? Has anyone had the same problem. Cigos

Advertisements

phillipcorcoran

phillipcorcoran

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
If you mean "Administrative Tools", that's a Control Panel applet so it should be in Control Panel on Windows 7.

I'm not aware of it being anywhere else, it never has been anywhere else other than in Control Panel on my Windows 7.

Edited by phillipcorcoran, 14 April 2011 - 02:25 PM.

cigos

cigos

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
Hello Phillip,
When I open the Administration Tools file in the Control Panel it is 'Empty' I'm afraid.

Cigos

Noob_B_Fershur

Noob_B_Fershur

• Pip
  • 8 posts
How to Restore the Default Windows 7 Administrative Tools http://www.sevenforu...-shortcuts.html

@phillip: I'm not aware of it being anywhere else, it never has been anywhere else other than in Control Panel on my Windows 7.

Rt click Start button>> Properties>> Start Menu tab>> Customize>> System administrative tools>> select your preference
Posted Image

Edited by Noob_B_Fershur, 15 April 2011 - 08:29 AM.

cigos

cigos

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
:D Noob, You are a star! Following your lucid instructions my Admin Tools are now back in action. Many thanks, Cigos