Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

mouse probelm HL2

• Please log in to reply

inaltreave

inaltreave

• Pip
  • 1 posts
This appears to be more of hardware problem, but it's only noticeable in games, so hopefully someone else has had this problem and can help me. If this needs to be moved, my apologies.
My problem is this: when pressing the keyboard, I cannot press the mouse buttons. Not that I can't physically press them, of course, but left/right clicking won't render a response. This is most noticeable, as I mentioned, in games--I recently began to replay Half Life 2, and noticed it then--I cannot move (W) and fire (left click) at the same time. I actually cannot do anything with the mouse buttons (left, right, or wheel-click) when moving (W,A,S, or D). For instance, I tried assigning the 'fire' button to right click, then moving; it didn't work. I also tried it with wheel click, same result. However, the mouse wheel, as in scrolling (in this case, through your weapons), works when moving. It's also not just the 'W' key, as I cannot left click and move backwards ('S') as well.
Hopefully that's not too confusing.

I'm using a Lenovo G550 laptop:
Windows 7 Ultimate SP1
Pentium T440 (dual-core) 2.20 ghz
2 gb RAM
No devices report conflicts; all drivers are up to date...
This problem is also noticeable in other games, such as Portal and Garry's Mod.
The USB plug-in-and-play mouse I'm using is also Lenovo; it came with the laptop. I've also tried using the mouse pad left/right buttons; the also didn't work.
I know this is a pretty bizarre problem, hopefully someone has seen it before.

Thanks in advance!

Advertisements