Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Belkin mouse won't work after unplugging

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Let's start off with saying, I'm very slow when it comes to computers, so please bare with me.

I bought a lenovo laptop with Windows 7 ( 64-bit )on it. The first day I got it I plugged in my little Belkin mouse, the little red light showed up, the driver installed on its own and all was good.

I unplugged it for my first time yesterday and when I plugged it back in, it failed to work. I restarted the computer, I did the whole turn off-unplug and replug mouse-turn back on bit. Still not working. It's not the USB itself, since I was able to plug in other things and they worked just fine.

Any ideas are appreciated.

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,997 posts
  • MVP
Not sure of the problem but my Mouse has an on-off button on the bottom so make sure that is set correctly. Also, check the batteries.

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 19,735 posts
Just to add to the assistance offered by Digerati, additional to the connect button on the base of the mouse there may also be one on the USB device that also needs to be pressed so that the mouse and its USB device pair, a basic guide is below;

Pairing Procedure
The optical mouse can operate out of the box immediately after you plug the receiver USB connector into your PC USB port. If it
can’t work, please follow the steps below to process ID setting of the optical mouse.
The pairing button locates on top of the receiver with a LED under to show the pairing or data reception status. The ID-recognition
function helps to protect against interference from other RF products in the same environment. Remember to pair ID when other RF
products affect your mouse.
1. Press the pairing button on top of the receiver first.
2. Next, press the pairing button on the bottom of the mouse once.
3. The receiver LED will blink rapidly for some time to indicate it has received pairing
4. When you move the mouse, the receiver LED will blink rapidly. When you stop using
the mouse, the receiver LED will light steadily.
Note: The whole procedure should be completed within 35 seconds.

• PipPipPip
  • 259 posts
Hello PeachMilk: :D

Did you try using this mouse on any other system to isolate the problem of mouse itself?