Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

P2P,Download Managers

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

BanMidou

BanMidou

• PipPip
  • 35 posts
Hi

Why are not download managers and P2P not recommended

I understand downloading movies using torrents is illegal :D

Can invite spyware hackers too!

But does buy using torrents some one can hack Pc

for eg in utorrent the peers section their are IP addresses displayed so can that alone help to break into a PC???

I did once get an alert from the AV program (long time ago) saying their was attack on me Pc ( i was downloading the movie Leon)

I put the IP address in ipillion website and the location came up as Netherlands I`m in India

i thought its port scan and so did a few people whom I inquired to!

so does this port scan also change to a hack attempt

My general thing in me brain is their has to be some kind of a backdoor present in Pc for hacker to break in!

So is it possible

I still download movies(old ones) via torrent so is it wrong

File Sharing?

Is the Person who rips the movie uploads it the Pirate or am i too equally to blame? :D

Also a Senior member suggested that using Download managers is not recommended can I know why?

My internet is a 256Kbps connection max. downl. speed obviously 32 kbps

so when I download a 100/above 40 Mb setups of my antivirus or any other application

Or demo games I need a download Managers to pause/ Accelerate

I read a post regarding Flashget making silent connection somewhere so are these "silent connections" the reason for not recommending???

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
GTG does not assist in issues with P2P problems except for the removal of the programs pursuant to the Terms Of Use. For future information please read the Terms Of Use in the link at the top of forum. The reason we don't support P2P is because of the law and risk of infection possibly caused by the files downloaded. A great many of these files have infections in them and will cause in some cases your system to become unusable.

Download managers for the most part are not needed with broadband services except if you have a ISP that drops service alot. With the speed if broadband there is no need for download managers anymore except in the situation above.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts

Hi PLease read my post it was asking info true I do use P2P but i wanna know the ills about it i was not requesting help with P2P software

2.Download mangers are not recommended by here wa told by amember but it would better to know why it is not?

All due respect did you read my full post?

My English is not so good so is sentence and paragraph formation so some of my posts may not make sense at times

As I stated above we do not discuss P2p and even gave the reason why. I will repost the reasons:
We here at GeeksToGo will not assist you with issues relating to copied, pirated, or in any other way stolen programs. It is a direct violation of our TOS (Terms Of Service) to offer any assistance in this matter.
GTG does not assist in issues with P2P problems except for the removal of the programs pursuant to the Terms Of Use. Please be aware that GTG will help to rid your system of P2P programs if you choose to do so by starting a new topic and asking for assistance. For future information please read the Terms Of Use in the link at the top of forum. The reason we don't support P2P is because of the law and risk of infection possibly caused by the files downloaded. A great many of these files have infections in them and will cause in some cases your system to become unusable.

Download managers as I stated are useless with broadband unless you have a ISP that drops service a lot. They were used with dialup when loss of connection was a common occurrence.

I read your full post in both your topics and the advice given by the Tech Staff member.
What is it I can explain any further?

BanMidou

BanMidou

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
:D

Hi none Sorry I really did not read your first post much as the only major thing I noticed was the topic being closed

sorry again

Thanks for both your posts :D

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Topic closed.