Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

iTunes not writing to CDRW on Windows 7

• Please log in to reply

yellowflash

yellowflash

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I have started to use a new HP elite 8000 PC with Windows 7 (latest patches installed) and installed iTunes 10. If I do a 'burn playlist' iTunes comes up with Disc burner or software not found. I installed Nero 9 but error still comes up in iTunes. when I run iTunes diagnostics on the CDRW it comes up with the following report:
Failed while scanning for CD/DVD drives, error 2355.
Virtual drives can sometimes interfere with reading and writing CDs in iTunes. If this is a virtual drive and you are having problems with other drives, try uninstalling the virtual CD application.

thank you in advance

Advertisements

yellowflash

yellowflash

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
posted in wrong section sorry

yellowflash

yellowflash

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I finally got this working. I installed the latest Intel chipset drivers and the Nvidia video drivers for my HP 8000 SFF and the CDRW driver reinstalled, tried iTunes and it now all works.
thanks