Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

canrt print from laptop

• Please log in to reply

snowysdad43

snowysdad43

• PipPipPip
  • 233 posts
Hi guys

i have a dell studio laptop running windows 7 core i5 proccesor that i am running wirelessly through a wired desktop that is running windows xp the desktop connects to the internet via a verizon modem (broadband)
when i set up the wireless router (linksy wireless n broadband router )i used the network magic cd and it did everything for me
(i am a novice ) well now i cant seem to print from the laptop
i set up the pinter on the laptop and the printer shows up on the laptop it is named properly and i selected share files and folders
i did not buy the network majic service after the trial and now when i look at network majic folder it asks me to install on the laptop (which i do not want to do ) is there a way to have the laptop print without using the network majic service or do i have to uninstall N/Majic in order to print from laptop to printer that is wired to the desktop ?
please forgive my making a probable easy thing into a major one but as i said i am not well versed in computer technology
thank you and any help would be greatly appreciated

Advertisements

zbd

zbd

• PipPipPip
  • 271 posts
Check if your printer has an internet port, if it does you can just plug it in and use it as a network printer. Most printers, however, will work with a USB or a parallel port. In this case you can only print wireless while the computer the printer is connected to is switched on.

snowysdad43

snowysdad43

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Check if your printer has an internet port, if it does you can just plug it in and use it as a network printer. Most printers, however, will work with a USB or a parallel port. In this case you can only print wireless while the computer the printer is connected to is switched on.

thank you for your help i greatly appriciate it
i am pretty sure i can print when its wired but would like to print wirelessly
is network majic the only thing stopping (i think it is ) will my router still work without network majic ? if i uninstall will my settings on the router change or be wiped out
i really dont care to use network majic and i think the microsoft network could handle everything that n/m is doing correct ?