Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BSOD*** please help**system needed urgently

• Please log in to reply

sal13

sal13

• PipPip
  • 98 posts
Dear all, I now have a major problem as my laptop is not even starting thanks to a BSOD that started out of nowhere. I was brwosing net and on one of the websites I had these automatic virus softwares take control of my tab, so I closed the tab immediately and a few minutes later my laptop just shut down and since then just wouldn't start. I managed to stop the automatic reboot to get the message and really do need urgent help as need it for work. Am using my phone to post this now. The message on BSOD is ***STOP: 0x0000007E (0xC0000005, 0x89D991AD, 0xBA583B04, 0xBA583800) . I checked the pinned thread with Bsod codes and didn't find this. Please help, will be much appreciated. Oh btw, running a lenovo sl400 with xp! Thanks in advance.

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
There are several variations of the [b7E[/b] error code. There should be more information on the BSOD like is it:
  • pci.sys
  • usbhub.sys

We need more information to approach this in the right way.

sal13

sal13

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
Hi, no actually! The message I posted earlier is all that is under technical information. Apart from that the screen says a problem has been detected etc. If this is the first time the screen has appeared then restart else follow the below steps: check if u ave adequate disk space bla bla.. And check with your hardware vendor for any bios updates. Then The technical information code I posted already and after that says beginning dump of physical memory, physical memory dump complete. Logged in and waiting for ur help! Thanks

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
How To Run Chkdsk /r from Recovery Console:

How to run checkdisk from recovery console (Windows xp). (Courtesy dsenette)
  • Insert the Windows XP startup disk into the floppy disk drive, or insert the Windows XP CD-ROM into the CD-ROM drive, and then restart the computer.
    Note:Click to select any options that are required to start the computer from the CD-ROM drive if you are prompted to do so.
  • When the "Welcome to Setup" screen appears, press R to start the Recovery Console.
    Note:If you have a dual-boot or multiple-boot computer, select the installation that you want to access from the Recovery Console.
  • When you are prompted to do so, type the Administrator password. If the administrator password is blank, just press ENTER.
  • At the Recovery Console command prompt, type the following then press Enter:

chkdsk /r

• Allow this to run UNDISTURBED until completed (45 min or so)
  • Report any errors

sal13

sal13

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
Oops...... Sorry but I don't have a start up disk!!!!!

sal13

sal13

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
However my computer always when turned on gave me 2 options windows recovery console and windows xp......windows xp was highlighted by default and it used to then automatically log on in some seconds,.. I have just turned it back on and selected recovery console after which I have followed ur instructio and it is running with 40% complete in a few minutes already ! Waiting to finish

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
:D Good job. :D

sal13

sal13

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
Ok, it's over now! Result chkdsk found and fixed one or more errors on the volume. 84831200 kilobytes total disk space 49053192 kilobytes are available. 4096 in each allocation unit. 21207800 total allocation units on disk. 12263298 allocation units available on disk. And then it's on c:\windows> prompt! Waiting for ur next step

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Rerun it to make sure it got everything.

sal13

sal13

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
Ok, at the prompt have typed chdsk /r again..... Running now! Just to clarify didn't long off and log in but just typed it at the prompt again...... Waiting now

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
No problem and we are just making sure that any errors have been corrected.

sal13

sal13

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
Still working at 60%....,, question: If it's comes fine now then should I just restart normally or what would be my next step....,

sal13

sal13

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
Ok second check finished now, no errors reported...... Byte volume etc is same as first time........ Chkdsk has finished checking the volume ! Back on c:\windows> now ! Whaat next?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Try restarting and see if it will now enter windows.

sal13

sal13

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
Ok blue screen again but different error message !!!!!!! Says page_fault_in_nonpaged_area and then usual steps and then technical info now is ***stop: 0x00000050 (0xba584000, 0x0000001, 0x804f4bbe, 0x0000000). What to do now :D