Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

New C Drive - Get Outlook Settings from Old?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

briz_dad

briz_dad

• PipPipPip
  • 251 posts
Hello GTG,

I recently found out that my C drive was failing. Before it died completely, I backed up my Outlook 2003 folders and put them on a flash drive using the export function.

I now have a new C drive installed and have done all the updates. I installed MO2003, but before I run it, I am wondering if I can get folders/directories from the old C drive (which is currently running as an external drive for potential instances such as this)?

I am thinking that then when I open Outlook 2003, it will be with everything I had: emails, signatures, accounts, tasks, etc.

Is this possible and okay to do? (I am wondering because I recall that when I import my back-ups into Outlook, it will create all new personal folders in addition to the ones created from the original install. I want to just have one set of folders/directories I am dealing with...)

Standing by,
Greg

Advertisements

SweetTech

SweetTech

Sir SpamAlot

• Retired Staff
  • 7,671 posts
it appears that when you posted your thread the board software hiccuped and double posted the thread.

To avoid any confusion, I'm going to close this thread.

Link to Thread: http://www.geekstogo...tings-from-old/

Thread Closed.