Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

mup.sys file missing

• Please log in to reply

jettrink918

jettrink918

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
Do you know if it is possible to purchase the disk anywhere online?? I have searched and searched with no luck and no one I know has the 2005 Media Center Edition...I have asked EVERYONE so I'm out of luck in that department

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
It should not have to be the media edition to work. It just has to be a full retail version even Home version should work with no problem.

jettrink918

jettrink918

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
So any version of Windows XP I can use to repair the problem??? WOW that's awesome...does it have to be from 2005 or can it be a current version of Windows XP???

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
I would suggest Home version to be sure but it has to be the full version and not a OEM version.

jettrink918

jettrink918

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
Thank you so much for all your help :D

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
When you have the cd let me know and we can continue. I would really like to know how it all works out. :D

jettrink918

jettrink918

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
Hate to bother you again...I obtained the cd and tried it and unfortunately I've ran into yet another problem...when I try to enter the recovery console my computer stalls with a blue screen and at the bottom it says "Examining 152587 MB Disk 0 at Id 0 on bus 0 on iastor...

Does that mean my computer is completely shot??? I let it run on this page overnight to see if it was just being exxxxtremely slow and after a full day it is still sitting there stalled :D

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Could mean the hd is failing. :D

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Are you still having problems with your issue?
It has been 29 days since your last response and I was wondering if the issue has been resolved?
If so can you explain how it was resolved so others may be able to fix it if they have the same issue.
If not please let us know and we can continue with helping you to resolve the issue.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Are you still having problems with your issue?
It has been 46 days since your last response and I was wondering if the issue has been resolved?
If so can you explain how it was resolved so others may be able to fix it if they have the same issue.
If not please let us know and we can continue with helping you to resolve the issue.

Advertisements