Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problem With A Loud Beeping Noise

• Please log in to reply

MadEwok

MadEwok

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Hey everyone, just joined!

I just wanted to know why my computer makes a loud BEEEEEP noise. To be specific, when I installed
a game called "Combat Arms", my computer could just about run it. Just. The game is highly
detailed. The next thing I noticed was that the next time I turned on my computer, a loud BEEEEP
noise came out. I was then taken to the "Your Computer did not turn on properly" page.
The computer then did the "System rewind thingy" (i don;t know the actual name) and then I had to delete
That game. I re-downloaded it and it made the same noise when I rebooted my comp. I have an ATI radeon,
but my cpu is an AMD Sempron. Help would be very much appreciated!!!

Advertisements

ADarkMind

ADarkMind

• Pip
  • 9 posts
How long has it been since you've updated your bios, run a computer cleaner and deleted cache, cookies and other temporary files as well as clean out your registry? If it's been a while, i would try to do that first, and see if it helps the problem.

My older computer used to beep loudly every time it booted up, that's just how it was, but i'm guessing this is a newer issue.

MadEwok

MadEwok

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
I have not run a disk cleaner yet, so maybe that will help. Also this is a refurbished comp - so maybe that makes difference.... btw this beeping noise only happens when I download a certain game.... thanks for your help :D

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

There's no school like old school!

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
This sounds like it could be a compatibility issue.

What are the specs of your PC?
If you don't know then please download and run SysSpec. Run the file > click edit > click copy to clipboard and then paste it with your reply.

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts

How long has it been since you've updated your bios, run a computer cleaner and deleted cache, cookies and other temporary files as well as clean out your registry? If it's been a while, i would try to do that first, and see if it helps the problem.

My older computer used to beep loudly every time it booted up, that's just how it was, but i'm guessing this is a newer issue.

Do not update the bios. They only need updating if it is to fix a particular issue.

Do not run a registry cleaner. They do no good and will create other problems by deleting stuff that is still needed. We do not recommend registry cleaners on Geeks to Go.
We need additional info as requested. But it would not hurt to run a couple programs to clean things up.
Lets start with.

list]
Please download ATF Cleaner by Atribune.

Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.
Under Main choose: Select All
Click the Empty Selected button.
If you use Firefox browserClick Firefox at the top and choose: Select All
NOTE: If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
If you use Opera browserClick Opera at the top and choose: Select All
NOTE: If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program.
For Technical Support, double-click the e-mail address located at the bottom of each menu.
[/list]
Then...
Download Auslogics Defrag from the link in my signature below. Auslogics Defrag in my opinion is better because:

It does a more comprehensive job at Defragging
It will actually show you what it is doing
At the end of working it will show you how much speed you picked up
You can view a online log of the files that Auslogics defragged

http://auslogics.com...defrag/download

MadEwok

MadEwok

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Do not update the bios. They only need updating if it is to fix a particular issue.

Do not run a registry cleaner. They do no good and will create other problems by deleting stuff that is still needed. We do not recommend registry cleaners on Geeks to Go.
We need additional info as requested. But it would not hurt to run a couple programs to clean things up.
Lets start with.

list]
Please download ATF Cleaner by Atribune.

Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.
Under Main choose: Select All
If you use Firefox browserClick Firefox at the top and choose: Select All
If you use Opera browserClick Opera at the top and choose: Select All
Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program.
For Technical Support, double-click the e-mail address located at the bottom of each menu.
[/list]
Then...
Download Auslogics Defrag from the link in my signature below. Auslogics Defrag in my opinion is better because:

It does a more comprehensive job at Defragging
It will actually show you what it is doing
At the end of working it will show you how much speed you picked up
You can view a online log of the files that Auslogics defragged

http://auslogics.com...defrag/download

Thanks, I hadn't tried the other person's method yet - thanks a lot, really helped. :)

ADarkMind

ADarkMind

• Pip
  • 9 posts
I have been running this beat up old computer for almost a decade. I use registry cleaner all the time which is in the CCleaner program and have NEVER ever had an issue. With installing and uninstalling a variety of programs, it leaves junk in your registry files. Going through the registry is a pain and CCleaner's registry cleaner only deletes files that no longer link to anything. Otherwise, i would never have recommended it.

I have been working on computers for over 20 years. I'm not some newbie to this, i just don't know everything there is about computers, which, i doubt, anyone does.

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
For ADarkMind
Registry cleaners may have worked for you, BUT we at Geeks to Go do not recommend them because they will create issues. We see that all the time here.
If you want to use them that is fine, but please do not recommend them here.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
I agree with 123Runner as there are ways of getting rid of files without the use of registry cleaners.
A registry cleaner will not increase your system's speed or performance, and has the potential to break your registry to the point that your PC is no longer bootable.
We strongly advise that people stay away from any of the registry cleaners out there.
Go HERE to get more information about why registry cleaners aren't needed.

Thanks to Sari for the explanation

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Are you still having problems with your issue?
It has been 20 days since your last response and I was wondering if the issue has been resolved?
If so can you explain how it was resolved so others may be able to fix it if they have the same issue.
If not please let us know and we can continue with helping you to resolve the issue.