Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Error trying to print - two printers

• Please log in to reply

Momimbs

Momimbs

• Pip
  • 2 posts
First problem:
I am trying to print to two different printers and I get the message Error initializing output device. I am printing from a remote computer.
Both printers are HP's. One is connected to the remote compute, one is connected the inhouse computer. I get the same message.

Second:

When not connected remotely, I can print to the HP from word, except not froma adobe. Adobe says no page selected, will not print. I have uninstalled adobe and reinistalled. Please advise.

Thanks.

Advertisements

Rediah

Rediah

• PipPipPip
  • 259 posts
Hello Momimbs: and :D

Could you please elaborate: "One is connected to the remote compute, one is connected the inhouse computer"?

Momimbs

Momimbs

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I am working from home via remote desktop. I print to a printer located in the office and also to one here at my home desk (while logged into office).

Rediah

Rediah

• PipPipPip
  • 259 posts
Hello Momimbs:

Did you check the printer documentation whether remote printing is supported? Could you please geive us the model number?