Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

External monitor of a laptop does not recieve signal after system logs

• Please log in to reply

madzee1911

madzee1911

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Hey guys!
Am kinda new here.......i need ur help! my laptop( Core Solo ) with an external monitor does not recieve or send any signal to the monitor......my primary monitor is spoilt and hence i opted for the external monitor...........now the system wont get past the login screen........sometimes the windows says that its checkin the disks.....but as soon as that is done am not able to get any display on my monitor........i also tried booting through vga boot log and it worked but the resolution was quite low........and when i tried to adjust the resolution "POOF"......the display is gone again! :D Guys plzzzzz help me out!

Advertisements

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
Hi madzee1911 ... :D ..:D

which screen shows the log in screen...the laptop or the external monitor...
what do you mean by

my primary monitor is spoilt

madzee1911

madzee1911

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
thanks for the reply............its my laptop's monitor which is spoilt.......that is the very reason i connected an external monitor......and it was working fine for about a year!..............so please can you help me out??

madzee1911

madzee1911

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
My friend @Lurch told me that i had to run a chkdsk.....i did tat.....but the problem still persists.....and the chkdsk did not find any errors...

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
try booting into safe mode with networking...if you can then you need to get the video driver and install it..

madzee1911

madzee1911

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Thanks for the advice Technician! It worked like a charm!!! Thanx A ton!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
your welcome... :D