Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

how do i copy the email address of a distribution group?

• Please log in to reply

mikeloeven

mikeloeven

• PipPipPip
  • 305 posts
really annoying aspect of outlook. when you look up addresses and go to propertis you will get a list of the email addresses associated with the domain object but for some reason i cant copy and paste this. if i try sending a blank mail the email address gets replaced by the contact name and again i cant copy the email address. I use dsquery for user emails but dang it that doesent work for distribution groups. so how the heck can i look up and copy the email address of a distribution group to the clipboard???

Advertisements

Rediah

Rediah

• PipPipPip
  • 259 posts
Hi mikeloeven:

What version of Outlook you are using? Usually there is a + sign in front of Distribution List/Group!

mikeloeven

mikeloeven

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 305 posts
that is for adding them to local contacts i am talking about looking them up in bulk and copying them to a text or CSV file

Edited by mikeloeven, 20 April 2011 - 10:39 AM.