Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

driver_irql_not_less_or_equal

• Please log in to reply

PC_Man

PC_Man

• Pip
  • 5 posts
My computer is giving me this message:

driver_irql_not_less_or_equal followed by these numbers:

STOP: 0X000000DL (0X00000001, 0X00000002, 0X00000000, 0X00000001)

Someitmes it does not boot and when it finally does I get this error message. It is an AMD 1300 MhZ, 256 Ram and runs win xp.

Would appreciate some help

Advertisements

djgotee

djgotee

• PipPipPip
  • 269 posts
Check this out:

http://www.tek-tips.....cfm?qid=308429

PC_Man

PC_Man

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Thanks for the link. But it has very many varied suggestions, its actaually confusing for one who has little pc experience. Wehn I boot the PC it just hangs and then as an after thought it boots only to bring me to the bue screen. And then sometimes it comes to a screen where it states that Windows did not shut well and gives several menus to start including safe boot. When you safe boot it hangs and then again it boots several minutes later. Could this be the battery? I bought in 2002.

djgotee

djgotee

• PipPipPip
  • 269 posts
And the solution has varied methods, depending upon a variety of things that can happen to cause this situation. Thats why i sent you to that website, so you could conjecture what perhaps may have caused this. You might want to give more info, like , have you done any hardware changes lately?

PC_Man

PC_Man

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I haven't done any hardware change since the PC was bought. But I have installed a feww programs lately, like Ipswitch FtP, Macafee and Microsoft antispyware. I have since removed them.

The thing is the machine hangs and at some point boots and tells me to run set up. In advanced set up I have the following settings:

Quick Boot : Enabled
1st Boot Device: IDE-0
2nd Boot Device: Floppy
3rd Boot Device: CdRom
Try other Boot Devices: Yes
S.M.A.R.T for Hard Disks: Disabled
Boot up Num-Lock: On
Floppy Drive Swap: Disabled
Floppy Drive Seek: Disabled
Boot to OS/2 > 64MB: No
L1 Cache: Enabled
L2 Cache: Enabled
System Bios Cacheable: Enabled
Graphic Win Size: 64M

etc....

I will also try the various suggestions on that thread. Thanks.

PC_Man

PC_Man

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Now my computer cannot boot at all. Is this a battery problem? Somebody please help.

PC_Man

PC_Man

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Now my computer cannot boot at all. Is this a battery problem? Somebody please help.

Guest_yezpahr_*

Guest_yezpahr_*
I wished I was here earlier :tazz:

You should have updated every possible driver as soon as possible. Start with your Videocard.

But other stuff like keyboards and mouses can cause that bsod* too.
If your system cannot boot, I advise you put your harddisk where you are typing from now and put it in the broken pc. Put it as a Primary Master, the old one as Primary Slave**. Download the drivers for your videocard. Install them on the broken harddisk. Try to boot from that broken harddisk, by firstly removing the nely inputted harddisk, then just switch your power on. If the problem persuits, I don't know what to tell you anymore. I have also heard some malware may cause this bsod*.

* BSOD _ Blue Screen of Death
** Prim Master, Prim Slave _ You can switch modes of the harddisk by pulling out a jumper on the harddisk, next to the cables. On the harddisk itself is print which tells you where to put your jumper in for Master, Slave or Secondary Master Slave. The Primary Master gets booted as Operating System, the other as Primary Slave.

+++ If you do not know how to install hardware, get some professional hardware help.

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
please define cannot boot at all?