Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Text size option in IE9 - where has it gone?

• Please log in to reply

linuxwannabee

linuxwannabee

• PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
I recently upgraded to IE9 and quickly rolled back to IE 8 when I couldn't easily find the old text size options that used to be in the view menu of IE 8. I'm not talking about the old 'zoom' control that was in the bottom right corner of IE8. I mean the 'Text Size' option that could be found in the 'View' menu.

I need this option for when printing out ebay invoices - I prefer the mailing address to be printed as big as possible.

If this is no longer available as an option or is too many clicks away in IE9, (it was only 2 clicks in IE8) - I will be remaining with IE8 - so a secondary question ...

Is there anyway of getting the windows update alert that appears in the system tray - to effectively ignore the IE9 update? In other words, so that the windows update alert only appears when other important updates appear? I don't see why windows update has to present IE9 as an 'important' update - why can't it viewed as an optional update?

Any help - particularly as regards text size in IE9 would be appreciated.
Linuxwannabee :D

Advertisements

phillipcorcoran

phillipcorcoran

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
The menu bar is hidden by default on IE9 to maximise the viewing area.
To restore it, right-click the tab-bar (but not on a tab) and click "Menu Bar".
There you'll find text-size under the "View" menu as in IE8.

linuxwannabee

linuxwannabee

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts

The menu bar is hidden by default on IE9 to maximise the viewing area.
To restore it, right-click the tab-bar (but not on a tab) and click "Menu Bar".
There you'll find text-size under the "View" menu as in IE8.

Hi there - sorry for the delay in acknowledging your response, have only just revisited the forum.

Okay, I will give it another go and re-update to IE9 and give it another go. I'm not 100% sure on what you mean by the tab bar, but will probably be clearer once I'm staring at the browser window. Anyway, you seem certain the option is still there, but hidden - so will give it a go.

In the meantime, I was using firefox 4 - it's very fast. I wonder how IE9 compares to firefox 4 - since IE8 was a slouch!

Thanks again for your help.

Linuxwannabee :)

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts
Posted Image