Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Mouse Won't Work

• Please log in to reply

eb72893

eb72893

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I purchased a new Dell laptop a couple weeks ago.
When I first got it the mouse was working fine. Then one day it just stopped working. I haven't dropped it, but my pets have stepped on it so I'm not sure if maybe they changed the settings or something. It was working fine the day before.
When I plug in a mouse it works fine, it's just the laptop's mouse...

Any suggestions?

Advertisements

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP

but my pets have stepped on it

:D That's never good - especially if cats because their hair and dander are very oily and if allowed to be around (or on) your computer, their oily hair and dander will be sucked into the computer and get stuck on all the electronics. From there, it collects and forms a layer of hard to remove, heat-trapping dust. Pets, especially cats, are often attracted to the warmth. Keep them away.

I suggest you read your owners manual concerning the Fn and F-keys. I suspect a Fn + F-key keyboard combination was hit, turning off the notebook's touchpad.