Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

cant install various items

• Please log in to reply

Bhinsz84

Bhinsz84

• PipPip
  • 75 posts
Hello - about a week ago I posted about having multiple BSOD - I seem to have these issues resolved but I would like to address some other things that Ive noticed if that is all right.

First, Ive been able to download, but not install various programs. These include any nvidia programs (i was able to install the driver), no avast updates includeing virus definitions, dot net framework 4, shockwave / adobe flash, or any other programs - they each either fatal error, or somehow crash without installing.

The second issue I have is that I am unable to access "security center" through the control panel or by any other means.

I have run malwarebytes and avast ( with my current definitions ) with no problems found.

I was able to uninstall and re install the avast program, but no other programs.

Advertisements

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
get a screenshot of any errors you get when trying to install something...post them back here

you can also look here for How to troubleshoot problems that may occur when you install, uninstall, or upgrade a program on a Windows-based computer

Bhinsz84

Bhinsz84

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
nvidia.JPG I was able to figure out the problem with avast, dot net and shockwave - still have problems with nvidia and not being able to access security center. here is the nvidia screenshot.

Bhinsz84

Bhinsz84

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
whocrashed.JPG
and of coarse as soon as i thought my BSOD days were over with - 0x0a IRQ not equal or less than - I tried to run whocrashed to post it here but that program is no longer running - pic attatched of this error. When i click "ok" it just pops up again and continues until a google chrome download box appears - i click the dl box and the whocrashed front page comes up - in google chrome - ..... close that and the error shows up again and continues to until I end the process in WTM. Tried to uninstall and re install.

I am ready to just reformat and re install... this blows.

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
I suspect you still have malware on your computer so you have 2 options...wipe the drive with a fresh install of xp...that can take a day when you factor in reinstalling all your drivers and apps plus all the updates...the upside is you will have a speedy system
or take a romp thru the malware forums...
if you choose that route Please go to Malware and Spyware Cleaning Guide...
HERE....

That will help you clean up 80 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty (and you may not be) follow the instructions and start a new topic
here
post the OTListIt2 and Rooter logs ...
The "Topic Title" should contain the name of the infection that you are having a problem with...Use the "Topic Description" to include more details. This will help you get faster responses as some people are more familiar with certain infections....

if you are unable to download or run ANY of the tools...try downloading them on another computer and put them on a flash drive or cd and try installing them that way..
no joy...
start a new topic and let them know you can't run any of the tools..

if your still having issues after the malware pros give you a all clean...come back here and we will see if we can get it straightened out out

Bhinsz84

Bhinsz84

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
Ill try the malware again, if it doesn't work i'll re install. Thank you for the help.