Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Unable to Work around BSOD parameter ==1

• Please log in to reply

equesdesign

equesdesign

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
When viewing a ripped wmv file, it popped up a box stating that it needed to load the license and it installed. Since that time my machine BSODs with the following error: if paramater == 1 an attempt was made to queue an executive worker item with a usernode execution routine. According to everything I've read on the web, I loaded a bad driver that is freeing up memory while still in use.

I have run system recovery going back to a date before this bad whatever was installed, that did not fix the problem. I used gSpot to list all my codecs and there are so many I have no idea which one might be the corrupt one. All the other options that I've found all require having windows up and running. The only way I can get anything running on the machine is to boot to safe mode with networking which gives me limited tools to work with or safe mode with a command prompt. It BSODs after about 15 minutes in this mode.

How do I locate this bad driver? what can I post here to get help?

my machine:
HP model p6203 with AMD Athlon II x2 215 processor 2.71 ghz
4.0 gig of memory
64 bit operating system Windows 7

Advertisements