Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Microsoft Office

• Please log in to reply

JhonMoney

JhonMoney

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
which office you are currently using?
which is your favorite?
which is faster?

Advertisements

Crowbar

Crowbar

Teacher

• GeekU Moderator
  • 3,911 posts
I still use office 2003 - I really like this version, I don't have the money to buy the newest, and personally I really hate the ribbon interface in the newer versions. When I use a friends computer and open Office, I am thankful that the old keyboard commands still work, otherwise I would be staring at the screen, looking like this :D :D

I suppose I will have to get over that, as I read that the next version of windows will have the ribbon interface as well.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
2010 for sure. no reason to go to 2007 instead.

there are a lot of changes in 2010 over 2003 and 2007 that make it worth while.

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Administrator
  • 24,504 posts
Office 2010. You don't have to use the ribbon, the menu bar still exists. Interesting story behind the ribbon. Something like 90% of the most often requested Office features were already included. People just weren't finding them. The menu bar of a complex program has too many levels. Out of that concept grew the ribbon.

Although, while no one likes change (including me) even power users will soon learn to appreciate the ribbon. 2010 is more than the ribbon, it also has some great online integration, and is more secure from malware.

Crowbar

Crowbar

Teacher

• GeekU Moderator
  • 3,911 posts

even power users will soon learn to appreciate the ribbon

That statement nails it. Not too many like change, but some of us learn to appreciate it.

I didn't know that was the reasoning behind the ribbon. Now I feel a little better about it, I like features!