Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

What to upgrade

• Please log in to reply

Mitesh

Mitesh

• PipPipPip
  • 184 posts
My signature is upto date - I now have a F3 1TB and 2 2TB F4's which I will be installing in the new HAF X case I just got. Now I am planning on buying the 560 TI OC (950Mhz) by Gigabyte. However I am wondering how much of a bottleneck would the CPU I have and the RAM I have at the moment be? I can afford to buy more RAM for the current setup but it seems silly investing in old hardware. Any reccomendations?

Currently in the process of moving everything from my old case to the new one.

I dont play simulator games and mainly play games like crysis and command and conquer tiberium wars as well as mirors edge (the list could go on and on but I will stop as that gives a brief overview).

Thanks in advance :D

PS I thought about OC'ing the CPU but I have never done this and I think my RAM would limit this and the fact taht my mobo has no VRM/MOSFET cooling (so it would probably die in a few months if I were to OC)

Edited by Mitesh, 21 April 2011 - 07:54 AM.

Advertisements