Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

modem problems

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have an old ibm aptiva and I recently reinstalled win 95 to it. The problem is that I can´t find the modem driver.... I remeber that the driver type was MWAVE....something
what should I do???In ibm web pages you can download drivers for ibm aptiva but I don´t have a clue which one to download.... :tazz: ;)

• PipPipPip
  • 189 posts
Hi basta

Let's see if I remember my win 95 without dragging my 486 out of the closet.
Try this:
  • Right click My Computer and choose Properties
  • In the System Properties window click the Device Manager Tab
  • Under The Device manager be sure View devices by type is clicked
  • Find Modem in the list and click the plus in front of it.
  • Should say something like 56K PCI Modem..., highlight that and click Properties button
  • Post back with what is listed and what options you have.
Specific details about your machine would help, if it is possible download Everset Home Edition, run a Report and attach the report to your next post.

Edited by StarHawk, 29 May 2005 - 08:32 AM.