Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Hotmail Account blocked! Can't access!

• Please log in to reply

Prof. Lodin

Prof. Lodin

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I can't access my hotmail account due to that it has been block because "some one" have used it for sending spam e-mails. The problem is, when I try to follow the steps that are offered as help to reactivate and clear my account, my old e-mail/account information is the only one that appears. I have not used that account for years and can't remember my password. I really need access to my current account since all my contacts and folders are really important to me. Further, I can't access the "hotmail help center" since I can't log in anywhere with my user id and password. Is there any way to contact them without having to log in? I'm desperate!

Thanks on before hand,

Prof. Lodin

Advertisements

SweetTech

SweetTech

Sir SpamAlot

• Retired Staff
  • 7,671 posts
Hello!

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with accessing your Hotmail account.

Please see this link here: http://windowslivehe...1d-4e6e82adb846 more specifically the information underneath: What should you do?

You may need to follow the instructions for what you should do if you're unable to verify your account using the SMS validation.

Hope this helps.

Kindest Regards,
SweetTech.

ukay

ukay

• Pip
  • 1 posts
my hotmail account is blocked due to too many wrong passwords used. have reset my password, done the revalidation and still nothing please help. this has been 2 wks.

Amst3rDamag3

Amst3rDamag3

• PipPipPip
  • 243 posts
Hi ukay,

GeeksToGo!tm can not help you retrieving passwords themselves, as you have undoubtedly read in our -Terms of Use- already.

However, I have some options you could try as well:
  • Visit Windows or MS -Update and get yourself the latest version of Windows Live.
  • Get a new e-mail adress at www.mail.com (no previous email required) and try link your blocked hotmail account through this new [email protected] adress...
  • Or maybe, MS will respond to your requests if you visit windowslivehelp.com
  • Get a new hotmail adress and keep sending hotmail-support mails requesting access again,
    or notifying them you believe somebody "hacked" your account. Hotmail itself does not provide any support I am aware of, other then through knowledge pages and such. If I find a direct link or e-mail I'll post it here. If you have found any, please let us know as well :unsure:

Good Luck :) and please inform us on your results!

Note: when you last accessed your hotmail account, where you using an HTTPS connection?

Sophie94

Sophie94

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I cant access my hotmail account,it says that my password is incorrect. I have filled out a survey form but it came back negative. I have now created a new gmail account but I need access to my old hotmail as it has very important emails regarding university information. Can somebody please help?

Help At Hand

Help At Hand

• Pip
  • 1 posts
You can goto
http://www.hotmailhelp.co.uk
They helped me with my Hotmail account. Its working now. :)

AncientKrypt

AncientKrypt

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Have you try this?? I did that with my windows live account got email reply back within 2 seconds with link to change my password after that they made me update my account security stuff..Hope this helps

Soyablack

Soyablack

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Visit this for Hotmail Help:  http://email-helplin...ail-support.php

It is 100% working.... :yes:

WillAlt

WillAlt

• PipPip
  • 16 posts

I have had the same issue and opened three accounts the funny thing is it doesn't allow the same account  again, as some claimed on the microsoft forum, I aksed and they told me its different for in windows and on the web (in the browser users) So there is no cure, yet.