Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Why can't I create html documents anymore?

• Please log in to reply

DragonFire12

DragonFire12

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I have openoffice and libreoffice as my current writing software. Okay, so before with both programs, I could turn documents I created into html documents and easily see them in my webrowser (firefox just so you know). Now, when ever I try to make one, it says "can't create html document" I've run my computer through with a malware detector and even uninstalled and reinstalled everything, three times already and nothing works! What going on and what can I do to put everything back to the way it was?

Advertisements

DragonFire12

DragonFire12

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Well then how do you turn notepad into an html document?

Crowbar

Crowbar

Teacher

• GeekU Moderator
  • 4,798 posts

Well then how do you turn notepad into an html document?

An HTML document is determined by the codes within, and I suppose by the file extension, to a point.
So a good coder, would write the HTML codes in a Notepad document, and save that document with the file extension or HTML, or HTM instead of the TXT file extension. I am not one of those good coders, and need an HTML designing program, but I can do some simple stuff with notepad.

Look at this tutorial, it explains this better than I can - http://www.geekstogo...-html-tutorial/

also see the G2G forum on web development here - http://www.geekstogo...eb-development/ I am sure someone there can help you further.