Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I Keep Getting Blue Screen Of Death Repeatedly

• Please log in to reply

AshUK

AshUK

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Well whilst playing games or watching a movie I get BSOD after about 10-20 minutes I can supply the minidump files so I'll attach them if it helps. Thanks and let me know if you need anything to solve it my system is HP Pavilion DV6-2010sa.

Thanks, AshUK.

Attached Files

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Download BlueScreenView
No installation required.
Double click on BlueScreenView.exe file to run the program.
When scanning is done, go Edit>Select All.
Go File>Save Selected Items, and save the report as BSOD.txt.
Open BSOD.txt in Notepad, copy all content, and paste it into your next reply.

Thanks to Broni for the instructions and program

AshUK

AshUK

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Here...

Attached Files

• Attached File  BSOD.txt   5.1KB   121 downloads

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts

0x0000001E: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
(Click to consult the online MSDN article.)
The Windows kernel detected an illegal or unknown processor instruction. A Stop 0x1E condition can be caused by invalid memory and access violations similar to those that generate Stop 0xA errors. This default Windows error handler typically intercepts these problems if error-handling routines are not present in the code itself.

Error Message:

STOP: 0x0000003B (parameter, parameter, parameter, parameter) SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
Explanation:

This is a Windows 2000 Executive character-mode STOP message. It indicates an exception was raised in a system service which was not handled by the system service.

Both are pointing to a hardware issue so the first thing to check is the memory.

If you have more than one RAM module installed, try starting computer with one RAM stick at a time.

NOTE Keep in mind, the manual check listed above is always superior to the software check, listed below. DO NOT proceed with memtest, if you can go with option A

B. If you have only one RAM stick installed...
...run memtest...

1. Download - Pre-Compiled Bootable ISO (.zip)
2. Unzip downloaded memtest86+-2.11.iso.zip file.
3. Inside, you'll find memtest86+-2.11.iso file.
4. Download, and install ImgBurn: http://www.imgburn.com/
5. Insert blank CD into your CD drive.
6. Open ImgBurn, and click on Write image file to disc
7. Click on Browse for a file... icon:

Posted Image

8. Locate memtest86+-2.11.iso file, and click Open button.
9. Click on ImgBurn green arrow to start burning bootable memtest86 CD:

Posted Image

10. Once the CD is created, boot from it, and memtest will automatically start to run. You may have to change the boot sequence in your BIOS to make it work right.

To change Boot Sequence in your BIOS

Reboot the system and at the first post screen (where it is counting up memory) start tapping the DEL button
This will enter you into the Bios\Cmos area.
Find the Advanced area and click Enter
Look for Boot Sequence or Boot Options and highlight that click Enter
Now highlight the first drive and follow the directions on the bottom of the screen on how to modify it and change it to CDrom.
Change the second drive to the C or Main Drive
Once that is done then click F10 to Save and Exit
You will prompted to enter Y to verify Save and Exit. Click Y and the system will now reboot with the new settings.

The running program will look something like this depending on the size and number of ram modules installed:

Posted Image

It's recommended to run 5-6 passes. Each pass contains very same 8 tests.

This will show the progress of the test. It can take a while. Be patient, or leave it running overnight.

Posted Image

The following image is the test results area:

Posted Image

The most important item here is the “errors” line. If you see ANY errors, even one, most likely, you have bad RAM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Are you still having problems with your issue?
It has been 25 days since your last response and I was wondering if the issue has been resolved?
If so can you explain how it was resolved so others may be able to fix it if they have the same issue.
If not please let us know and we can continue with helping you to resolve the issue.