Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Error Occured. Canot register tray icon. Error 0. (operation completed

• Please log in to reply

Dip Kirankumar Kotak

Dip Kirankumar Kotak

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Error Occured. Canot register tray icon. Error 0. (operation completed succefully)

When I boot my laptop I get the above error message in the dialog box. And also the following error:

Error Occured. Canot update tray icon. Error 0. (operation completed succefully)

The system updates automatically, I also have an Anti-virus installed called Avast home edition.

I do not know what to do!!!

Advertisements

noknojon

noknojon

• PipPipPip
  • 533 posts
Hi and Welcome
Can you please tell me if you are having any Problems , or just this message

Thank You
EDIT -
Code Description
0 The operation completed successfully.

Edited by noknojon, 22 April 2011 - 07:40 PM.

Dip Kirankumar Kotak

Dip Kirankumar Kotak

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Hi and Welcome
Can you please tell me if you are having any Problems , or just this message

Thank You
EDIT -
Code Description
0 The operation completed successfully.

Hey, thanks for replying. Well I am having problems as the Operating System starts very slowly then usually. Also, the messages in a way freeze the OS until I click the Ok button.

noknojon

noknojon

• PipPipPip
  • 533 posts
Hi again
I suggest you read the 'Start Here' Topic Found Here. With these self-help tools you have a high chance of fixing the problems on your own. If you are still having problems after following Step 3 of the guide, continue with Step 4 and 5 and post in the Malware Forum HERE for our experts to review. If you are unable to run any programs, Please create a topic stating what you have tried so far and that you are unable to run any programs. Also, Please do NOT post the logs in this thread.

If you are still having issues after the malware expert gives you a clean bill of health, Please return to THIS thread and we will pursue other options to help you solve your current problem(s).

Thank You

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
go to START..RUN...type in MSCONFIG...then click on OK or press ENTER..
click on START UP TAB...uncheck everything EXCEPT your AV and firewall...if its a laptop you have to be careful about what you uncheck or your touch pad and wireless and things like that will not function for you..
google each start up item to decide if you need it to load with windows...unchecking them does not remove them ..they just don't launch at startup...
reboot and see if the errors gone