Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HOw to unlock my 10gb HDD space

• Please log in to reply

jasonlys

jasonlys

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Im facing problems with my hard disk drive. It has 20 gb space in it, but it only shows 10 gb space under my computer, but it still shows 10 as unallocated space. So, what should I do to free my 10gb space?

Advertisements

FusionFX

FusionFX

• PipPip
  • 35 posts
Use qpmagic to add another partion on the unused space or remove the one you have and make one big primary. Also remember that FAT might not handle those sizes so NTFS for windows n format everything afterwards. :tazz:

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
FAT32 will handle 20GB in a single partition, if thats what you're using.
FusionFX is right in general though. If you just want to create a second partition in the unallocated space, you should be able to use XP's disk management. If you want to extend the size of the first partition to fill the remaining space without losing your data, then use partition magic.