Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Missing drivers

• Please log in to reply

vanillarose

vanillarose

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
Awhile ago i reinstalled my vista sytem and now i have msising dirvers. Its under "other devices" and tis 2 base devices and a network controller. All have exclamations by them. Iv been to website and looked under alld rivers for my pc and i downlaoded a driver undet "network" teh very last ethernet one.

http://support.dell....n&catid=&impid=

but it didnt work so its nto right one, which one do i need?

I have an inspiron dlel, 1525, 32 bit.

Advertisements

iAmXquisite

iAmXquisite

• PipPip
  • 90 posts
Alright I might be able to help you but your going to have to Put the names of the Devices that have exclamation marks next to them??

vanillarose

vanillarose

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
I already did but ehre they are again

base device

base device (it has this twice)

network controller

all have yellow exclamation marks

iAmXquisite

iAmXquisite

• PipPip
  • 90 posts
Alright go to the site which you provided the dell site: look under chipset and download Ricoh R5C833 I think that's the base device.

as for you wireless driver try this one Intel Intel® PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection there is so many to choose from but for sure the last one is not the right one. The last one is for Ethernet so that you may connect to the computer straight to the modem.

Hope these work bro

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Just a question but do you remember what driver you installed first after the new installation? There is a specific order to do the drivers and if you missed the first one then others will not work correctly.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,762 posts
As Ron says in post #5 if not installed in the correct order you may have various issues, see below;

The following list is an overview of the correct order to install drivers on Dell desktops and laptops. After manually reinstalling a Microsoft® Windows® operating system, follow the order listed when reinstalling drivers. It is recommended that you print this list for reference when installing drivers. Note:
Some devices may not function properly if the drivers are installed out of order.

Desktop System Software (DSS) or Notebook System Software (NSS) - A vital utility that provides critical updates and patches for the operating system. If you are reinstalling Windows or updating all drivers, it is important that this software be installed first. This is located under the System and Configuration Utilities Category on the Drivers and Downloads page.

Chipset - Helps Windows control system board components and controllers. This is located under the Chipset Category on the Drivers and Downloads page.

PCMCIA/Smartcard controller located under the Security Category on the Drivers and Downloads page.

Intel Storage - Intel Matrix Storage Manager located under SATA Drives on the Drivers and Downloads page (only for Intel chipset computers).

Audio Adapter - Enables and enhances the audio controller. This is located under the Audio Category on the Drivers and Downloads page.

Video Adapter - Enhances video performance. This is located under the Video Adapter Category on the Drivers and Downloads page.

Network Interface Card (NIC) - Enhances the network controller for Internet or network access. This is located under the Network Category on the Drivers and Downloads page.

Dell Control Point (DCP) - Controls power management, ambient light sensor, wireless profiles, and security features on laptops. This is located under the Applications on the Drivers and Downloads page. The DCP is split into three separate programs with each one controlling different aspects. It may not be necessary to install all three parts of DCP depending on the system configuration.

Control Point System Manager - Controls power management and ambient light sensor settings.

Control Point Security Manager - Controls security features such as the trusted platform module a finger print reader.

Control Point Connection Manager - Controls wireless connection profiles.

Note:
Dell Control Point is new for Latitude E-Family. Other Dell laptops use Quickset to control power management and the ambient light sensor.

Dell Quickset - Controls power management and the ambient light sensor. This is located under the Applications Category on the Drivers and Downloads page (Quickset is not applicable to Latitude E-Family laptops. Use Dell Control Point instead).

Wireless Network Card - Enables and enhances the wireless network controller. This is located under the Network Category on the Drivers and Downloads page.

Bluetooth® Module located under the Communication Category on the Drivers and Downloads page.

Touchpad, Pointer, Track stick, Mice, and Keyboards - Enhances the pointing device features. This is located under the Mouse & Keyboards Category on the Drivers and Downloads page.
Other Devices

Intel vPro™ or AMT™ - Enhances system manageability. This is located under the Chipset Category on the Drivers and Downloads page.

Dell Wireless Mobile Broadband Cards located under the Communication Category on the Drivers and Downloads page
Modem - Allows dial-up capability. This is located under the Communication Category on the Drivers and Downloads page.

Touch Screen Digitizer - Enables touch screen mouse control available on select Dell laptops. This is located under the Input Category on the Drivers and Downloads page.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Are you still having problems with your issue?
It has been 8 days since your last response and I was wondering if the issue has been resolved?
If so can you explain how it was resolved so others may be able to fix it if they have the same issue.
If not please let us know and we can continue with helping you to resolve the issue.

vanillarose

vanillarose

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Alright go to the site which you provided the dell site: look under chipset and download Ricoh R5C833 I think that's the base device.

as for you wireless driver try this one Intel Intel® PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection there is so many to choose from but for sure the last one is not the right one. The last one is for Ethernet so that you may connect to the computer straight to the modem.

Hope these work bro

Ok right now im installing teh first driver you posted to see if that works

vanillarose

vanillarose

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
thanks Iamxquisite!....i now have my base devices installed now i just need the "net work controller" one as it still has exclamation by it. Is the secon driver you gave me it?

and to the moderator: Im pretty sure all other drivesd are working correctly i cloicked on properties and it said there working jsutbase device i was missing and now all I need is network controller. I didnt reinstall any driver after i reinstalled system, just....well yeah I did that ethernet one, but it was wrong one

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Did you get the network card resolved?

vanillarose

vanillarose

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Did you get the network card resolved?

no i didnt. as i said in my post I need the network controller driver. I do not know where to find it and i cant find it on dell website unless its right under my nose. I need help finding it please

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Lets see if we can identify th one in your system.

Download and install Free Everest Home Edition
Open it.
1: In left pane expand Computer folder.
2: Click once on Summary
3: In upper menu, go Report
4: And then to Quick Report-Summary
5: Save it in text file, and paste it in your next post.
Click the + by computer, click on Sensor. Get a screenshot and post it so I can check your temps and voltages...

DO NOT INCLUDE ANYTHING UNDER THE LINE THAT SAYS "DEBUG- PCI"