Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BSOD in Windows 7 Following Trojan Removal

• Please log in to reply

ilya87

ilya87

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I recently got a virus detected by Microsoft Security Essentials. It happens from time to time, and MSE aptly removes the virus and the problem is gone. On this occassion however, on the first reboot after removing the virus, I would continually get a BSOD just a few minutes after loading windows. The BSOD error details are as follows:

Stop: 0x0000008E (0xC0000005, 0x8439B487, 0xA265775C, 0X00000000)

ataport.sys - address 8439B487 base at 84395000, DateStamp 4a5bbf16

I'm able to load into safe mode just fine, but normal mode works for around 3 minutes then straight to BSOD. I ran avg's bootable antivirus, and I also ran Superantispyware, MalwareBytes, SpyBot Search & Destroy from safe mode, all of which removed lots of infected files, but I still can't get Windows to boot properly.

The items that MSE detected on that day were 'Trojan:Win32/Vundo.gen!AV, which was removed, and SettingsModifier:Win32/PossibleHostsFileHijack, which was disinfected.

Thanks in advance, this thing has been a big pain. What should I do?

Advertisements