Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

windows xp

• Please log in to reply

ducko264

ducko264

• Pip
  • 2 posts
hello guys.I am am older man.I know little about computers. I collect old computers, mainly laptops.My friends give them to me.They get them from flea markets, or where ever.Usually crashed.
I get them going and give them to a school in the Philippines.My fiancee there teaches a nursery school.I just want to help these little children who have nothing.
I have a laptop about 8 or 9 yrs old.Its a toshiba te2000
It works well again.BUT
No matter what I do my browser will not allow me to access microsoft or windows update.It just cant dis-play the web page.
something is blocking me.
I have checked firewall and all that.
Please guys I need help and I need a freebie.

Advertisements

rosiesdad

rosiesdad

• PipPip
  • 64 posts
Pretty sure its infected with something, some of these are difficult to find and remove without going thru the special sub-forum here for cleaning virus and malware.
So aside from suggesting you look on your own for malware, (Malwarebytes free or Superantispyware free from filehippo.com) move your topic to http://www.geekstogo...alware-removal/

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
did this computer ever connect to the internet since you've had it and if so when did it stop

how are you trying to connect to the internet...wired...wireless...
if wired can a different computer connect