Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cant access security center - antivirus wont update - multiple bsod

• Please log in to reply

emeraldnzl

emeraldnzl

GeekU Instructor

• GeekU Moderator
  • 20,051 posts
I see we cross posted.

Try that LKGC and see if that helps.

If not I think you may be right about re-install.

I will check in when I get back.

Advertisements

Bhinsz84

Bhinsz84

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
last known does not work either ... No worrys i will be around later as well.

emeraldnzl

emeraldnzl

GeekU Instructor

• GeekU Moderator
  • 20,051 posts
Hello Bhinsz84,

Something wrong there. System File Checker shouldn't cause that.

We could go on with various tools/rescue disks etc but we will likely end up not achieving anything. I am thinking now that your best solution is to reformat and reinstall. That will make sure you get rid of any infection.

If it is a file infector e.g. Virut be very careful with backup. Data/documents/pictures/movies/songs/etc.. are probably okay although you can't be certain. Do NOT backup any applications/installers and Do NOT backup any .exe/.scr/.htm/.html/.xml/.zip/.rar files...

If you back them up and replace them afterwards, it will likely infect your computer again.

Bhinsz84

Bhinsz84

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
everything was already backed up that I needed way before I started posting here - no exe files at all. I am in the process of re installing - got the os on, and mobo drivers, working on updates.

emeraldnzl

emeraldnzl

GeekU Instructor

• GeekU Moderator
  • 20,051 posts
Very best of luck.

It's been a pleasure working with you. :)

Just for you information you might be interested in this link:

mekiemoes blog about file infectors

Bhinsz84

Bhinsz84

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
And you as well - too bad we couldn't beat this thing - well maybe we did but the damage was done. I guess well never know.

Soon as i get back up and running ill let you know - so far though there was no problems with geting online. I did decide to go back and delete the partition though - most of the programs we downloaded were still in the c drive since I did a soft installation of the OS - now reformating so its baby fresh.

Thank you again for your time and efforts, and though I hope we dont have to meet again under these circumstances in the future, I look forward to working with you in the future - I am thinking about joining up with yall to learn to fight malware - Ill also be coming in soon to ask lots of questions about dotnet programing.

Again thanks.
Brandon A. Hinsz

emeraldnzl

emeraldnzl

GeekU Instructor

• GeekU Moderator
  • 20,051 posts

Soon as i get back up and running ill let you know

Look forward to hearing how you get on.

I am thinking about joining up with yall to learn to fight malware

Great idea, have you checked out this?

http://www.geekstogo...-fight-malware/