Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Creating a password recovery dictionary List

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Litmatch21

Litmatch21

• PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
Is it as simple as saving a text file with a list of words? I have a password-protected rar file but I have so many different passwords that I forgot which one I applied to this rar file. I'm using a rar recovery tool but I'm not sure if I'm creating the dictionary file properly.

I wanted to test it out so I password protected a file with the password "10test10" .. For the dictionary file I used "10" and "test" ... It didn't work. Any advice? Thanks.

Advertisements

SweetTech

SweetTech

Sir SpamAlot

• Retired Staff
  • 7,671 posts
Hello,

Unfortunately, we can not be of any assistance with this.

As per our Terms of Use:

Due to the nature of online help we are not able to verify ownership, and will not be able to help bypass or recover any user passwords, cd keys, license codes, serial numbers, etc.

If you have any issues with this policy please PM a Moderator or Admin.

This thread is now closed.

Cheers,
ST.